Van Auken, Fort
Fort Van Auken: 1777, Orange County, Town of Deer Park. A fortification, possibly a blockhouse, built by Daniel Van Auken behind his house and barn. Attacked by Joseph Brant, July 1779, withstood the attack for over one hour and was the only fortification in Minisink not taken. Another, partially destroyed, was Fort Martinus Decker. Site on Neversink Drive 2 miles east of Port Jervis.
Verona Royal Blockhouse
Town of Verona Royal Blockhouse: 1759, Oneida County, Town of Verona, Sylvan Beach. British, site on NY Route 13.
Fort Virginia: 1812-15, Jefferson County, Sackets Harbor. A minor redoubt of 16 guns in a fortified line of 4 such "forts" (Kentucky, Virginia, Chauncey, Stark) anchored at Fort Pike on the Bay (later Madison Barracks) protecting the land side of Sackets Harbor. South side Washington Street, west of Broad Street.
Fort Volunteer: 1812-1815, Jefferson County, Sackets Harbor. Hastily prepared earthen works named Fort Volunteer were established at the start of the War of 1812 to defend the Northeast end of Sackets Harbor (East side of Black River Bay). A new set of fortifications adjacent were erected and named Fort Pike. Later, Volunteer and Pike became the nucleus of Madison Barracks.
Fort Vrooman: 1689, Saratoga County, Schuylerville. Blockhouse at Fish Creek on the Hudson River south of present Schuylerville. Built by Col. Peter Schuyler. Rebuilt in 1702 as Fort Saratoga.