Anthon's, Later Willard's, Battalion Of Artillery
Organization not completed.
The following is taken from New York in the War of the Rebellion, 18th ed. Frederick Phisterer. Albany: J. B. Lyon Company, 1912.
June 3, 1862, Franklin W. Willard received authority to recruit a battalion of light artillery. November 16, 1862, the several companies of this battalion, serving at Fort Columbus, New York harbor, and being in process of organization, were consolidated into two, and designated the 20th and 28th Batteries, Light Artillery, and the battalion, never really organized, discontinued.