Buffalo: Broadway Arsenal/Armory - 65th Regiment

Street Address:Broadway (formerly Batavia Road)
Year Constructed:1858 - original construction, 1884 - added drill shed and administration building in front of existing arsenal and renamed Sixty-Fifth Regiment Armory, 1950's - 1884 armory remodeled
Architect:Calvin N. Otis - original construction 1884 expansion - architect unknown
Square footage:Unknown
Status:Closed in 1909 / Converted by city of Buffalo into Broadway Auditorium (civic center) until 1947 / Converted by city of Buffalo into public works department storage facility in 1947 / 1858 arsenal burned down in 1948

65th Regiment (formerly the 28th Artillery):    1858 - 1897
65th New York Volunteers:    Spanish American War
65th Regiment:    1899 - 1907
74th Regiment (Co. D and the Spaulding Guards):    1858 - 1868
7th Battery:    1883 - ????


Prior to armory being built, the 65th Regiment rented space in a building at the corner of Court and Pearl Streets from 1855 - 1858. In 1907, they moved to the new Masten Avenue Armory.

Other armories for the 74th Regiment include:

Connecticut Street Armory

Main Street Armory

Masten Avenue Armory

orter Avenue/Boathouse Armory

South Division Street Armory

Virginia Street Armory (1868-1886)

Virginia Street Armory (1882-1886)

Virginia Street Armory (1886-1899)

Washington Street Armory

West Delavan Avenue Armory