<< Back to Forts
Little Niagara, Fort
Description: Fort Little Niagara: 1750, Niagara County, Niagara Falls. A small blockhouse and storehouse was first errected in 1745 at a location known as "Frenchman's Landing." In 1751 the upper end of the portage from Fort Niagara was moved a few hundred yards South and Fort Little Niagara or Fort du Portage was constructed. Consisted of three good sized blockhouses with palisades between them and the river. Destroyed when abandoned in 1759 at the approach of the English. Rebuilt by British as Fort Schlosser in 1760.
County: Niagara County
City, State: Niagara Falls, New York
See Also:

